CEO of Education for GrowBright Vision in Malaysia
POSITION TITLE: CEO of Education for GrowBright Vision
EFFECTIVE DATE: Fall 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide leadership and oversight of the education development of the GrowBright Vision group of schools including GrowBright Academy and JoyKids Preschools.
Reports to: Education Board of Directors as outlined the organization chart below.
Responsibilities: Curriculum development, teacher training and development, student progress and development, community engagement, and oversight of the day to day leadership of all schools in GrowBright Vision.
Relates to: Gateway Regional Director; Gateway Malaysia National Director, and the heads of Administration Departments of GrowBright Vision.
EDUCATION & • Minimum undergraduate degree in Education with a Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE: • Intercultural experience; English proficiency
- Five years’ experience as Director of a School or Educational organization
- Proven experience leading teams of educators and project managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and implement healthy team dynamics
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Competence in use of Office 365 (SharePoint, Skype, etc)
- Mature Christian experience, sound judgement, and professional skill
- Philosophy of life and lifestyle that aligns with the policies, objectives, and doctrinal position of Gateway Education Global and GrowBright Vision
- Active participant in a local church
- Team player, positive outlook, love for people
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of the GrowBright Vision Education strategic plan.
- Strategize with Education Board of Governance to develop the education objectives for GrowBright Vision.
- Develop ways to track students’ progress and create plans to support and encourage student’s growth both academically and personsally.
- Support and facilitate the continual improvement of GrowBright Vision facilities and infrastructure.
- Regular communication with Regional Director
- Seek to develop the best curriculum plan for the various schools within GrowBright Vision.
- Work with consultants on developing curriculum.
- Collaborate with Gateway Educational Services as developing curriculum.
- Develop and maintain relationships with like-minded educators in Malaysia to see what best practices are in Malaysia.
- Provide and develop teacher training and development for teachers at all of GrowBright Vision’s schools.
- Research and develop training for teachers at GrowBright Academy
- Develop plans to ensure all teachers receive the necessary training for their particular role and area.
- Work with Gateway Educational and Support Services to ensure effective policies and trainings are implemented
- Create and develop community opportunities for GrowBrigth Vision schools.
- Research and work with GrowBright Vision Board of Directors to create community outreach plan
- Connect with local churches to create partnerships.
- Connect with like-minded agencies in the greater KL area to create partnerships.
- Develop community outreach opportunities and ensure that all GrowBright Vision schools are participating in these opportunities.
- Report back to the GrowBright Vision Board of Directors annually on these partnerships.
Duties and responsibilities performed within one’s capabilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
Gateway General Member Expectations
- Finances: All in country expenses will be covered through a salary, housing, and flights through GrowBright Vision. Additional support can be raised through Gateway for retirement, global health insurance, and other out of country expenses.
- Personal and Professional Development: participate actively in personal growth and lifelong learning; stay in touch with church/fellowship; regular counselling/ coaching; report regularly on ministry, personal life, and finances; participate in meetings and conferences mandatory for all missionaries (e.g. field ministry days, prayer days, training, etc.).