Elementary Level Teacher Day Program at Elli Education in Vietnam
Goal: The teacher shall help all students entrusted to his or her care to learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to each child’s development as a mature, able, and responsible citizen.
Overview: The qualified individual is expected to demonstrate patience, humility, integrity, and kindness while performing his or her day to day duties. He/she must be devoted to work cooperatively with staff, students and parents to develop and maintain a program which is academically superb.
Contracted by: ELLi upon recommendation of the Program Director for one year.
Responsible to: Program Director
Supervises: Teaching Assistants, aides, volunteers, and students
Evaluation: Evaluated by Program Director or his/her assigned delegate
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an education focus from an accredited college or
- Two or more years of classroom teaching experience
- Willingness and ability to help with extra-curricular activities
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Recognise the role of parents as primarily responsible for their children’s education and be prepared to assist them in that
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance, and
- Meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, and optimism.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with program
- Respectfully submit and be loyal to constituted
- Place his/her teaching responsibilities ahead of other jobs or volunteer activities.
- Make an effort to appreciate and understand the uniqueness of the community and culture.
- Reflect the purpose of the program to offer quality education.
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of ELLi’s learning
- Teach classes as assigned following prescribed scope and sequence as scheduled by the director.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom and within the ELLi premises for a good learning
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Plan broadly using semester and quarterly plans and objectives, and more currently through the use of a lesson plan
- Utilise valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the program’s philosophy.
- Care for the whole child, including reaching the students in each of the following dimensions: mental, physical, social, and
- Plan through approved channels the balanced classroom use of field trips, guest speakers, and other
- Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required and use formative assessment for adjustments on a daily basis.
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s
- Keep students, parents, and director adequately informed of progress of deficiencies and give sufficient notice of
- Recognise the need for good public relations. Represent the program in a favourable and professional manner to the program’s constituency and the general
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with students, parents and staff by treating others with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
- Seek the counsel of the director, colleagues, and parents while maintaining a teachable
- Attend and participate in scheduled devotions, in-service, retreats, committee, faculty, and Parent-Teacher meetings.
- Know the procedures for dealing with emergencies.
- Inform the director in a timely manner if unable to fulfill any duty assigned. Prepare adequate information and materials for a substitute