Head of International School – West Asia
Dr. David A. Wells and the GLOBAL School Consulting Group are honored to join the International Education Group in announcing IEG’s search for a Head of School for an international school located in West Asia. The school has at its primary focus “the education of the children of families called to ministry in this country thereby enabling them to remain on the field.” IEG indicates that this school is located “in one of the largest unreached nations in the 10/40 window.” The school currently serves 285 students in grades K-12 from all over the globe. The school is governed by a school board elected by the parent body.
IEG is seeking an educator who will lead the school in achieving established school improvement goals while maintaining the effective and efficient operation of the school within the context of a holistic approach to education. The Head of School reports to the School Board and is responsible for all operations of the school, including academic and administrative. This is a full-time position with a minimum two-year commitment and with a preferred five-year commitment.
The Head of School will have the following profile:
Experience / Education:
- Five years of experience in an educational environment preferred.
- Two years of experience as Principal or preferably in a Director’s role.
- Two years of experience in business/financial management.
- Experience in an international school preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Administration or Leadership preferred.
- Able to work effectively with and under the accountability of a School Board in a modified Carver model of governance.
- Able to relate to, interact and engage with varying and diverse segments of school families who come from many cultural backgrounds.
- Able to work effectively in a Management team (able to delegate and empower others) to lead a diverse international school of 250 to 400 children grades K – 12.
- Able to communicate effectively with the parent and school (student) body.
- Able to process diverse opinions and viewpoints and handle criticism in a graceful manner.
- Able to raise some level of support to supplement salary from the international school (a plus) and sees this more as a “calling” than a “job”. (required)