Head of School of GrowBright Academy in Malaysia
POSITION TITLE: Head of School of GrowBright Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide leadership and oversight of the educational development of the GrowBright Academy.
Reports to: Board of Directors.
Responsibilities: Curriculum development, teacher training and professional development, student progress and development, marketing of the school, community engagement, and oversight of the day to day leadership of GrowBright Academy.
Relates to: Gateway Education Global Regional Director; Leadership of JoyKids International Preschool; Educational Services Department of Gateway Education Global
EDUCATION & • Minimum undergraduate degree in Education with a Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE: • Intercultural experience; English proficiency
- Five years’ experience as Director of a School or Educational organization
- Proven experience leading teams of educators and project managers.
SKILLS: • Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and implement healthy team dynamics
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Competence in use of Office 365 (SharePoint, Skype, etc)
- Mature Christian experience, sound judgement, and professional skill
PERSONAL: • Philosophy of life and lifestyle that aligns with the policies, objectives, and doctrinal position of Gateway Education Global and GrowBright.
- Active participant in a local church
- Team player, positive outlook, love for people
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the development, implementation, and monitoring of the GrowBright Academy.
- Strategize with the Board of Directors to develop the education objectives for GrowBright Academy.
- Develop ways to track students’ progress and create plans to support and encourage student’s growth both academically and personally.
- Support and facilitate the continual improvement of GrowBright Academy facilities and infrastructure.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan to assist with the growth of Growbright Academy.
- Regular communication with the Board of Directors and with Gateway Education Global Regional Leadership
- Seek to develop the best curriculum plan for GrowBright Academy.
- Work with consultants, including Gateway Educational Services, on developing curriculum for GrowBright Academy.
- Work with the Board of Directors, through professional development, to better understand curriculum options and how to implement the curriculum chosen for GrowBright Academy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with like-minded educators in Malaysia and the region to learn about best practices to be incorporated at GrowBright.
- Provide and develop teacher training and development for teachers at all of GrowBright Vision’s schools.
- Develop plans for recruitment of qualified teachers.
- Research and develop training for teachers at GrowBright Academy
- Develop plans to ensure all teachers receive the necessary training for their particular role and subject
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure effective policies and training are implemented
- Create and develop community opportunities for GrowBright Academy
- Research and work with the GrowBright Board of Directors to create a community outreach plan
- Connect with local churches to create partnerships.
- Connect with like-minded agencies in the greater KL area to create partnerships.
- Develop community outreach opportunities and ensure that all GrowBright Vision schools are participating in these opportunities.
- Report back to the GrowBright Vision Board of Directors annually on these (or such)
- Join the Gateway Education Global community by becoming a member and attending orientation this summer. (Third week of June, 2019)