Effective Date: TBD
Position Summary: Develop and be a consultant for Informal Education programs for Gateway in assigned region.
Reports to: Regional Director
Supervises: Informal Education Services staff in region
Relates to: Director of Informal Education | Director of Elli franchise
Status: Full-time (as needed), non-exempt, paid from support raised toward salary.
Location: in region of service
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with some training theology
- Proven administrative experience
- Two years’ experience in education programs-
- Leadership experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving, writing skills
- Excellent initiative and the ability to set goals and follow through
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Mature Christian experience, sound judgment and professional skill
- Life philosophy that aligns with Gateway policies, objectives, and doctrine
- Passion for Christ and the Gospel; active participant in a local church community
- Motivated by Gateway’s mission and vision of transformational education
Responsibilities and Duties
Initiate and grow Informal Education programs in region
- Coordinate with Gateway leaders in the region for suitable informal education programs
- Develop programs according to strategic plan
- Develop partnerships with like-minded partners as needed
- Find funding and facilities for programs
- Establish sustainable business plan for each program
- Acquire suitable educators who understand “transformational education” and adhere to Gateway’s vision and mission
- Advise leaders who can start, manage, and grow programs of informal education (e.g. EFL camps, Language schools, retreats, seminars)
- Provide training for local staff to ensure projects are sustainable and replicable.
- Assess educators and programs as needed
- Follow Gateway protocols and policy
- Serve at a Gateway project bi-annually
Total work time given to these duties: 100%
Duties and responsibilities performed within one’s capabilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor and HR either orally or in writing.
Gateway General Member Expectations
- Establish and maintain a support team; stay in touch with sending church.
- Participate actively in local church; follow a personal growth and life long learning plan; report regularly on ministry, personal life, and finances; participate in meetings and events mandatory for all missionaries (prayer days, training, etc.)